It has been an honor to represent you as a board member of the Ohlone College Board of Trustees for the last 4 years.
Access to a great education, a good job, and opportunity are the cornerstone of our community. I am proud of my record fighting for students and teachers to build a world class community college.
Together, over the past four years we have:
• Saved the college accreditation by instituting new policies and procedures.
• Passed a $349 Million dollar General Bond measure that allows us to repair old facilities and create classrooms equipped to train students on cutting edge issues to prepare them for the new economy, create jobs in our community, and economic development opportunities for small businesses.
• Approved solar panels to generate 2 Mega-watts of power and save the college approximately $400,000 per year
• Sustained the financial health of the College to avoid layoffs.
• Earned “Top Five” honors of all community colleges in the state for highest transfer rates.
It has been a busy four years. I am running for re-election because there is much left to do. We need to increase our graduation rates, provide solid educational skills for students to prepare them for transfer to four-year colleges, and provide a new and experienced workforce in rapidly growing fields including healthcare and biotech. We must continue to fight to train our students for green jobs and to create space for career and technical training. I won’t let up in my next term -- I am just getting started and I will continue to get it done.
I ask for your support and your vote on November 6.